- Use profanity and abusive language.
- Belittle, insult or denigrate another poster.
- Post a private email from someone (even a public official) without first obtaining permission.
- Call another poster a liar directly or by implication.
- Impugn another poster's motives or suggest ulterior motives.
- Spread rumor and innuendo.
- Become argumentative or inflame the conversation.
- Threaten legal action, boycott, or physical harm.
- Forward chain e-mails.
- Post more than three times a day.
- Most importantly, DO have fun, share things that add to our community, be creative, express ideas, invite people to events and otherwise foster community and dialogue.
- Be sure to keep your post at a level of civility that would make it an acceptable letter to the editor in a respectable newspaper (for helpful guidelines see http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/other/letter-to-the-editor-guidelines).
- Remember that you have the alternative of responding to a particular person privately, rather than posting to the entire list.
- For first-time offenses, a warning and possible moderation, which means messages will be read by the moderators before they are posted. (This may result in a short delay between the time the message is sent and its posting). Moderators may go directly to step two in cases of egregious violations.
- For a second offense, or a particularly egregious first-time offense, the action taken is usually a restriction on posting for five days, each successive violation leading to a doubling of days on restricted posting status.
- For posts containing language that is abusive or threatening, as so deemed by the moderators, or for continuous violation of the rules the result may be a member being banned from the Listserv.
Maria Andreu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anthony Cassano (email@example.com)
Melinda Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hilary Kelbick (email@example.com)
John Kender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
John Kendrick (email@example.com)
Henning Schulzrinne (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mark Spiegel (email@example.com)
Arnold Trachtenberg (Arnold140@verizon.net)
Mary Ellen Tucker (firstname.lastname@example.org)